The 25 Most Significant Works of Postwar Architecture - The New York Times.
Six small cabins have been built inside the Finnish Institute in Paris so people can experience the culture of Finland.
KOTI, an immersive finnish experience in the heart of paris.
Visit Finland - 10 Things That Will SHOCK You About Finland
Finland or Suomi is the land of eternal sunshine in the summer, more lakes than you can imagine, and possibly the grossest candy on the planet? Finland is an amazing country to visit and whether it is the breathtaking nature, the kind yet quiet Finnish people, or the endless times you will visit the sauna there will always be things that may shock a tourist when they visit Finland.
10 Things That Shock Tourists about Visiting Finland
1. The Sauna Culture: Do expect to head into a sauna during your time in Finland. It is such a part of the culture that people have them built into their homes, and yes do expect to go naked and run out and jump into the snow for a little extra fun.
2. The Finns Can Talk While Inhaling: the Finns have so much to say when they do talk that they actually can talk while they exhale and while they inhale. Quite a sight when you see it for the first time.
3. The Natural Beauty of Finland: from the lakes and forests to the parks and islands Finland boasts a ton of nature and the locals love it. So whether it is skiing in Lapland or mushroom hunting or visiting the archipelago islands you will see so much beauty in Finland.
4. How Quiet the Finns Can Be: the Finns enjoy silence and you will see that in stores, on the street, and especially on public transportation. So do keep it down.
5. How Clean Finland Is: from pristine forests, to amazing clean and crisp air, to the locals having pride and keeping their cities and towns clean, Finns do love a clean country. Oh, and never wear your shoes in someones house.
6. Finnish "Tasty" Treats: Salmiakki is the child of black licorice and salt, and I mean that in the least tastiest way possible. The Finns love salmiakki candy (and Finland has a ton of great candy aside form Salmiakki). So be prepared for some great tasty treats, like their cinnamon rolls and anything made with mushrooms and do watch out for the funny ones.
7. How Difficult the Finnish Language Is: luckily for tourists most Finns speak very good English, so you do not need to speak any Finnish. The Finnish language is considered one of the most difficult languages to learn and when you see all those vowels you will understand why.
8. The Cities Have Two Names: in Finland, Finnish and Swedish are the two official languages and so all the signs on the highway are in Finnish and Swedish. This can lead to a bit of confusion when the cities don't have similar names in both languages, for example Turku is Turku in English and Finnish, but Abo in Swedish.
9. Finnish Logic: for as smart and clever as the Finns are some foreigners sometimes get lost in Finnish logic. When you see something around the country that just doesn't quite make sense, just chalk it up to Finnish logic.
10. You Have to Go to a Government Store to Buy Hard Alcohol: if you want to grab a bottle of Finlandia Vodka in Helsinki you can't just head to the local grocery store. You have to go to Alko, the government run liquor store. The prices are high and the hours are strange, but it is the only place to go.
5 Things You Will Love & Hate about Visiting Finland
Visit Turku - Tips on Visiting Turku, Finland
USA Today & 10Best's #1 Independent Travel Videographer 2014
FlipKey by TripAdvisor Top 10 Travel Bloggers 2014
We travel with a Microsoft Surface everywhere we go. I edit my videos on it & use it to backup my pictures and vides while we travel. It’s light and the best travel laptop on the market in my opinion.
We use Sony Alpha series cameras to film our videos. They are compact so you don’t look like a super tourist when you take great pictures and videos while you travel.
We use Manfrotto Tripods. They are compact, travel well, and honestly I would not use another tripod for my nice cameras.
Travel Plug that works in pretty much any country & has four USB ports. A must for any traveler.
Want to grab some great gear? We have used Osprey Packs for years & swear by them. Check them out here
Need some clothing for your next adventure? Patagonia has some pretty good stuff for all kinds of travelers.
Hey There Fellow Travelers! Thank you for watching our honest travel vlogs from all over this wonderful world. If you would like to get in contact with us please follow us & send us a message via our social media channels below. Also, if you like our travel videos please feel free to share them with other fellow travelers.
Follow Us At
KOTI, an immersive finnish experience in the heart of paris
Finnish Bed and Breakfast Cottages Are Coming to Paris | Food & Wine.
Backpacking Finland on a Budget • Epic 2022 INSIDER GUIDE.
This new hotel in Paris consists of six adorable Finnish cottages - Curbed.